Saturday, February 9, 2019

What is this reality
That we shalt liveth?
What is reality
Without you in it?
Who dost claim to know
Reality as I see it,
As we have lived through it?

Thou life has ne'er endured
The mishaps that we have known
For generation upon unfortunate generation.
The mistakes of our past wilt not end by our own life,
For our children's children will forever know our strife
While you and yours liveth day by day in castles and gowns
Claiming fame and fortune won for you
Generation upon luckful generation past
While me and mine cast our'n eyes down in shame
For we will ne'er bear those blameless names.

Might I ask for this one request?
Let me rest with whoe'er I claim as best for me
For I'd rather not waste my days in misery
Burning by the light which you cast upon all
Making us all feel worthlessly appalled
At what we will ne'er do
And ne'er have for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment